Monday, November 18, 2013

Easy Peezy

I had an idea of what I wanted to write about today. I had a few things written down and knew what I wanted to say and then all of a sudden… BAM- change of plans.

I met a lady at work this morning that was as sweet as pumpkin pie. We got to chit-chatting about our families and plans for the holidays (is Thanksgiving REALLY next week?! AHH). She mentioned she had been married to her husband for 52 years, and that he still surprises her every single day.
Whenever the opportunity presents itself, I always like to as the question, “what is the secret to _x_ years together?” The answers I’ve heard are normally the usual suspects.
“Never go to bed with an argument unsettled.”
“Meet each other in the middle."
…until today. This sweet little morsel of a woman told me this:
“Just marry the right person and you will never worry.”


Bada-bing. Bada-boom.  Short, sweet, and to the point. I love it. I feel like this is something that I have tried to express for a long time, and then here comes this adorable lady who sums it up in 10 words!
When I met my husband, it was instant magic. Those few minutes felt like light-years flying by as we got to know each other. As irritating as it sounds, when you know, you know. That right person will set your world on fire and counter balance every single thing you have going on. Love is effortless, easy, and leaves you with zero second guesses. It will wrap you up like your favorite blanket and never leave you needing anything else. And the only disagreement you MIGHT have is over who GETS to do the dishes and who GETS to cook dinner. Not that we know.


Sometimes we need to not muddy our thoughts and ideas of how things (especially relationships) should be.  
So thank you wise woman for showing me that in your 52 long years of love, the secret to success is not a mystery equation that we need to study for like a pop-quiz.
 It’s easy.
Easy like Sunday mornin’.
(Even though that is a song about breaking up... I like the phrase ;) My blog – my rules)

No comments:

Post a Comment