Thursday, November 14, 2013

A few things you should know before we get this blog thing rollin'...

1. In a world of technology and smart phones, I love making lists and writing things down. Grocery lists, to-do lists, wish lists, reminders, restaurant ideas, recipes- I will write it all down on a sticky note for later. Believe me, I know I could save a few trees and just download an app that will organize my world, but no thank you, please. The moment I wholeheartedly trust that little hand held computer of a smart phone to store every detail of my life will also be the moment I accidently destroy the thing. Just my luck, right??


2. Since I have already described my undying love for lists, that will be the format of this entry. Kapeesh?

3. Fashion blogger I am not. DIY extraordinaire- I’m not one of those either. Wine connoisseur, professional chef, world traveler, party planner. You guessed it, not my strong suits. But I will dabble in each one from time to time. So bear with me and this little bloggy as we find our own little nook of the internet to call home.

4. PDA alert- I love being Mrs. Broaddus. I am a newly wed to the most amazing man ever. I could go into details on how much of a catch he is, but I don’t want any of you ladies to get any ideas. He’s mine. ALL mine. ;) (By the way, hi babe- congrats you are my one and only reader!!)
We have two pups that are both spoiled rotten. Let me introduce you to them now since they will be popping up throughout this blog from time to time. Please say hello to Scrappy and Paisley. For your own curiosity, Scrappy does not give kisses very often, but Ms Paisley makes up for it ten fold.
Scrappy:

Paisley:

5. My husband and I both come from average sized families. But when you get married, you don’t just get your mate, you get their entire family as well. I lucked out- my in laws are rock stars. Between the two of us we have: 4 parents, 2 step parents, 3 grandparents still with us, 1 step grandmother, 3 sisters, a brother, a step brother, 2 brothers-in-law, a nephew, and 3 step-nephews. Is step-nephews the official title? Who knows. Just go with it, will ya? That is a whopping 21 people in our immediate families alone! We could be a sports team! Heck, with a few practices we could probably play as well as the Redskins are this season! I kid, I kid.


6. I love the Redskins and I know that my family and I could not take them on. I am aloud to joke like that because I am a true fan. :D And to all you Cowboys fans, I won’t judge you.

Alright yall, we'll just stop right here for today. Hopefully this little snippet of information will give you a little insight to me and my world.

BOOM. First blog post- done.
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment